[Openstack] [Swift] Running individual unit tests

Shrinand Javadekar shrinand at maginatics.com
Wed Dec 11 08:16:44 UTC 2013

I thought I must have been asked before, but couldn't find any
reference to it. So here it goes:

I have cloned the git repository for Swift locally (on MacOS). I
wanted to play with some code and see if it breaks any unit tests.
When I run tox -e py27, the entire test suite is executed. What's the
best way to run a single test or maybe tests from a single class?

Specifically, I was trying to run the DiskFile unit tests? I tried running:

$ tox -e py27 -- test.unit.obj.test_diskfile.TestDiskFile and
$ tox -e py27 -- test.unit.obj.test_diskfile

But none of the above worked. They always executed the entire test-suite.

Thanks in advance.
-Shri