[Openstack] [Swift] Swift on RHEL

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 00:46:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 23:23:01 +0000
"Kotwani, Mukul" <mukul.g.kotwani at hp.com> wrote:

> As an example, for a specific test:
> PUT for Ubuntu, default parameters: ~140 ops/sec
> PUT for Ubuntu, disable_fallocate=true: ~100 ops/sec
> PUT for Redhat 5.8, default parameters: ~15 ops/sec

I suppose it should be trackable, although I'm far from expert
on this. Since the RHEL 5.8 numbers are so low, the system must
be doing something. You just need to find out what that is.
For example, it may be trashing with writeouts and so you
need to change the dirty memory ratio. It really is impossible
to guess.

Since it's an actual RHEL and not CentOS, did you try to ask
your account rep about this?

-- Pete