[Openstack] OpenStack networking and disks...

Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado gaguilar at aguilardelgado.com
Tue Dec 10 19:43:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

I took a look to this document also. It was quite interesting to me
because I was looking about how to configure external DNS server, and
there is some references at the end.

But this is not what I'm looking for.

My question is more didactic. I mean. Should I attach NAS to private
network or should I do it to the floating ip network? I suppose the
first one is the right one.

How do I assign the IP to the nas server inside the private network?
Since this NAS is not controlled by Openstack I should do it by hand.
Can it take a second ip assigned by dhcp-agent? Or should I do it by
hand and forget dhcp?

Also, NAS does not know nothing about ip namespaces, ovs, etc. How do I
grant access to this private network without making it loose the
connection to the current network it is attached. This private network
only exists in software inside the ovs - kvm machine. Right? So how can
I put the NAS server inside without disturbing ovs bridges and config...

I'm looking for a guide about openstack networking. The ins and outs.

Do I explain myself?