[Openstack] OpenStack networking and disks...

Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado gaguilar at aguilardelgado.com
Tue Dec 10 11:35:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

Is there any document that explains inner workings of neutron networking?

I have an internal NAS that does not have support for openstack, and
until we have resources to replace I want to use it to server iscsi disks.

I can create disks by hand and associate to instances. But first I have
to configure how will it connect to the network.

For now it's serving disks on a network that's accessible to the
floating ip network. That's not the best way but I cannot change it
because other instances that are not part of the openstack network are
using it. For example maas server.

So I can add it another ip for each private network so it can serve
disks on the private/management net. But how do I configure virtual
routers so this NAS is accessible from private range (for ex.
192.168.10.0/24).

Is this the best way to do it?

What's the best way to add servers that are not part of the openstack
deployment to the net, for example a nagios monitoring set for each
tenant so they have monitoring of their instances but they have not to
install.

Best regards,