[Openstack] [Neutron] Scalability with OVS plugin

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Sat Dec 7 20:52:00 UTC 2013

Hi all:

For those who have done deployments with Neutron using the Open vSwitch
plugin (either the new ML2 OVS driver or the original one): do you see
problems when deploying this networking configuration above a certain
number of nodes?

I'm asking because I'd like the install docs to have some language that
mentions how many nodes are suitable for a deployment using Neutron with
the default OVS plugin. (e.g., 10s, 100s, 1000s, 10000s).

I know about the lack of multihost support for L3 agent and DHCP agent,
which are being worked on, but are there other issues that affect
scalability with the OVS plugin?

Lorin

--
Lorin Hochstein