[Openstack] Ceilometer - info on VM creation time

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Sat Dec 7 16:00:26 UTC 2013

The timestamp on the first instance sample recorded by the ceilometer
with give you that.

A brute-force way of retrieving it:

  ceilometer sample-list -m instance -q "resource_id=$INSTANCE_ID" | grep instance | tail -1 | awk '{printf("%s created at %s\n", $2, $(NF-1))}'

(it would be better if a reverse-timestampt ordering could be specified
via the CLI, in which case we could just limit to result set to 1).

Cheers,
Eoghan