[Openstack] Ceilometer "Authentication required" Error

Remo Mattei Remo at Mattei.org
Fri Dec 6 18:32:03 UTC 2013

you do not have to change the file just do

source openrc admin
or
. openrc admin

Ciao
--
Remo Mattei

December 6, 2013 at 10:28:08, Mark Vlcek (mavlcek) (mavlcek at cisco.com) ha scritto:

For the record, I was able to just change the OS_USERNAME from "demo" to
"admin" in the openrc file provided in the DevStack root directory then
source the openrc file again and that worked. I assume the first command
you provided would simply unset the OS_TENANT_NAME and OS_USERNAME
variables then running the second command would set both of them to admin
which is essentially the "automated" way of doing it.

Unfortunately I'm still getting the "Authentication required" message when
I try to hit http://[my_vm_hostname]:8777/. Is there something else I need
to do?

Thanks,
Mark

> [...]