[Openstack] Ceilometer "Authentication required" Error

Mark Vlcek (mavlcek) mavlcek at cisco.com
Fri Dec 6 07:05:16 UTC 2013

Hi Dheeru,

When I run the keystone user-list command or most other commands besides keystone token-get I get the same error:

You are not authorized to perform the requested action, admin_required. (HTTP 403)

I didn't explicitly create any users, I believe the DevStack installation did that (per the notes here<http://devstack.org/lib/keystone.html>). How do I switch to the admin user though? I think it's running as the demo user by default.

Mark