[Openstack] [Swift] Swift on RHEL

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 00:36:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 21:19:49 +0000
"Kotwani, Mukul" <mukul.g.kotwani at hp.com> wrote:

> Has anyone used and/or deployed RHEL (5.8) with Swift?
> I was also looking for a "Supported platforms" for Swift, and
> I could not find it.

I don't think an RDO for RHEL 5.x ever existed. First packages
were built a year after RHEL 6 GA shipped. The oldest build in Koji
is openstack-swift-1.0.2-5.fc15 (a community build by Silas), and the
oldest RHOS build is openstack-swift-1.4.8-2.el6 from 2012.

Frankly I'm surprised you managed to get it running at all. (Which
Swift release is that, BTW? We even require PBR nowadays.)

I dimly remember bothering with XFS for RHEL 5, but it was so long
ago that I cannot even remember if I got that cluster to do anything
useful.

-- Pete