[Openstack] 'nova boot' : 'No valid host was found'

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 10:05:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM, John Smith <lbalbalba at gmail.com> wrote:

> 'libvirtError: internal error process exited while connecting to
> monitor: char device redirected to /dev/pts/20 (label
> charserial1)\nqemu: at
> most 2047 MB RAM can be simulated

Done some googling. Looks like I found the issue why my small
instances wont launch: QEMU and KVM only seem to support 2GB of memory
on a 32-bit host. Both need to create a userspace mapping of the
guests memory.  In a 32-bit environment, you only have enough usable
address space in a
process to create a 2GB region.

Looks like I need to buy some new hardware.
;)

Regards,

John Smith.