[Openstack] 'nova boot' : 'No valid host was found'

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Thu Dec 5 03:57:15 UTC 2013

John:

I believe it should have worked if you set the following, as you specified
earlier:

scheduler_default_filters=AllHostFilter

(In your original email, you wrote scheduler_default_filter without the s).

If that isn't working for you, another thing you can do is play with the
"ram_allocation_ratio" parameter in nova.conf, which controls how much
OpenStack is willing to overcommit memory. The default is 1.5, which means
that if there is 1GB of RAM free, OpenStack will allocate up to 1.5GB of
RAM to an instance.

Lorin

--
Lorin Hochstein