[Openstack] [Heat] Problems with AutoScaling

Jon Kon jonkon80 at gmx.de
Wed Dec 4 08:58:11 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I posted yesterday and forgot to post it in plain-text. Because of this I wrote this one a second time, but the right way. I very much apologize!! So here's the last post:

I have Problems with heat and ceilometer.

I want to autoscale with ceilometer and heat. The example in the Heat-quick-start guide works. I used the following:
https://raw.github.com/openstack/heat-templates/master/hot/F18/WordPress_Native.yaml

For this example, I get datas with the "ceilometer statistics -m cpu_util"-command.

Then I wrote my own Autoscaling-Template, which I posted here:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7767732[https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7767732]

The AutoScaling-templates didn't work. I shortened my Template to find the Problem. As I comment in the AutoScaling-Resources I get the following:

ERROR: Missing required credential: X-Auth-User
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/stack/heat/heat/openstack/common/rpc/amqp.py", line 461, in _process_data
    **args)
  File "/opt/stack/heat/heat/openstack/common/rpc/dispatcher.py", line 172, in dispatch
    result = getattr(proxyobj, method)(ctxt, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/stack/heat/heat/engine/service.py", line 60, in wrapped
    return func(self, ctx, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/stack/heat/heat/engine/service.py", line 279, in create_stack
    self._validate_deferred_auth_context(cnxt, stack)
  File "/opt/stack/heat/heat/engine/service.py", line 229, in _validate_deferred_auth_context
    raise exception.MissingCredentialError(required='X-Auth-User')
MissingCredentialError: Missing required credential: X-Auth-User

I tried the example below with AutoScaling too and get the same error:

https://raw.github.com/openstack/heat-templates/master/cfn/F17/AutoScalingCeilometer.yaml[https://raw.github.com/openstack/heat-templates/master/cfn/F17/AutoScalingCeilometer.yaml]

Hope you can help me. Many thanks in advance!

Johnny