[Openstack] [Baremetal] Hardware enrollment need help

Jake G. dj_dark_junglist at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 07:38:00 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Still trying to get baremetal provisioning to work, but I don't really understand the below commands. Would appreciate any help.

I have a kinda old NEC rack server that has a BMC module on it. I only have an IP address for the BMC module and that's it. I do not have a user or password
that I can set for that nor do I have the options to create one.

Perhaps someone can explain exactly what is needed to enroll my hardware or does anyone else know of more detailed documentation?
This is the only documentation I can find on the feature -> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Baremetal#Hardware_Enrollment

Thank you!

# create a "node" for each machine # extract the "id" from the result and use that in the next step nova baremetal-node-create --pm_address=... --pm_user=... --pm_password=... \ $COMPUTE-HOST-NAME $CPU $RAM $DISK $FIRST-MAC # for each NIC on the node, including $FIRST-MAC, also create an interface nova baremetal-interface-create $ID $MAC