[Openstack] Error while installing devstack using ./stack.sh <New User>

Michael NA strangerthanbland at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 06:27:53 UTC 2013

Hello, looks like the error is in the package install portion. Try running
an install of the packages listed in a new terminal window (or tab) for
example run;
~~~~~~~~
apt-get install -y dnsmasq-base
apt-get install -y  iptables
apt-get install -y  ldap-utils
apt-get install -y libldap-2.4-2
apt-get install -y libldap-2.4-2:i386
apt-get install -y libpython2.7
apt-get install -y libsqlite3-0
apt-get install -y libsqlite3-0:i386
apt-get install -y lvm2 openssh-client
apt-get install -y openssh-server
apt-get install -y parted
apt-get install -y psmisc
apt-get install -y python
apt-get install -y python-minimal
apt-get install -y python2.7
apt-get install -y python2.7-minimal
apt-get install -y sudo
~~~~~~~~~
Note: by doing it one at a time you may find which package is throwing an
error or it could be your internet connection or it could be that one of
the packages that the script is calling to be installed isn't available by
default to your distribution. If you receive an error like "package not
found" or an error that talks about that package not being avalibe, then
this can be fixed by adding the repo and key that has the package you need
(let me know if ya need help with that) and if its the internet connection
then, just retry the script when you've eliminated all other connections
other than the one your using. Or it could be something else X-D hope this
helps