[Openstack] oversubscribe node

Alex Glikson GLIKSON at il.ibm.com
Thu Aug 22 05:09:18 UTC 2013

Steve Heistand <steve.heistand at nasa.gov> wrote on 22/08/2013 01:45:08 AM:

> From: Steve Heistand <steve.heistand at nasa.gov>
> To: James R Penick <penick at yahoo-inc.com>,
> Cc: "openstack at lists.openstack.org" <openstack at lists.openstack.org>
> Date: 22/08/2013 02:10 AM
> Subject: Re: [Openstack] oversubscribe node
>
> that would probably have been useful info yes :)
>
> latest grizzly on ubuntu 12.04 and
>
> compute_scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler

scheduler_default_filters=AggregateInstanceExtraSpecsFilter,AvailabilityZoneFilter,RamFilter,ComputeFilter

In order to use cpu_allocation_ratio, and ram_allocation_ratio, you need
to use FilterScheduler with RamFilter and CoreFilter.
Also, as already mentioned, you need these parameters need to be
configured in nova.conf of the machine running the scheduler.

Regards,
Alex