[Openstack] How to restore existing vms after host reboot in devstack

Batsayan Das batsayan.das at tcs.com
Wed Aug 21 09:47:02 UTC 2013

Hello,
It solves the problem.
Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Batsayan Das
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: batsayan.das at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.	IT Services
			Business Solutions
			Consulting

-----Swapnil Kulkarni <swapnilkulkarni2608 at gmail.com> wrote: -----
To: Batsayan Das <batsayan.das at tcs.com>
From: Swapnil Kulkarni <swapnilkulkarni2608 at gmail.com>
Date: 08/21/2013 12:51PM
Cc: openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Openstack] How to restore existing vms after host reboot in devstack

Hello,

I think the cause is you are running stack.sh everytime you restart devstack which clears the configuration. rejoin-stack.sh can help for your cause.

Before proceeding for running the script please associate the vg file with a loop device with following command with root

losetup /dev/loop2 /opt/stack/data/stack-volumes-backing-file

Please use rejoin-stack.sh script located at your devstack installation directory or /opt/stack/devstack

Best Regards,
Swapnil Kulkarni
swapnilkulkarni2608 at gmail.com