[Openstack] Workstation/Device Provisioning and Compression Policy?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 01:33:36 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I'm looking at the storage APIs
(http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-object-storage/1.0/content/ch_object-storage-dev-overview.html),
and the example for GetObject:

    Host: storage.swiftdrive.com

Does the server configuration/API allow us to provision workstations
and devices (perhaps by signing a challenge)? In this use case, I only
want a user to receive content from an approved workstation or device.

Does the server configuration/API allow us, for example, to specify
that content delivered to a mobile device should always use maximum
compression (and never send uncompressed data)? In this use case, I
don't care about clients that can't be compliant (they can just die).

Thanks in advance (and my apologies if this should be sent to dev).

Jeffrey Walton