[Openstack] Designate/DNSaaS question

Mac Innes, Kiall kiall at hp.com
Fri Aug 16 11:23:15 UTC 2013

Hi David,

The getting started guide walks through an install into a virtualenv,
which will isolate the dependencies from any other services. So -
Following this on your existing controller should be safe.

Generally speaking, our dependencies are fairly close to the current
havana deps, So, I wouldn't recommend installing from .deb's alongside
an earlier version of OpenStack. At HP, we deploy onto dedicated servers
where the dependencies won't conflict.

We do plan on cutting a formal release in or around the time of the
Havana release (October), at which point it'll be easier to maintain a
compatible set of .deb's.

In the meantime, you can install Designate using the PPA/.deb's inside
an instance on top of nova, or you can install into a virtualenv on the
controller node by following the getting started guide.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Kiall