[Openstack] Remounting drives

Morten Møller Riis mmr at gigahost.dk
Thu Aug 15 07:50:56 UTC 2013

After an apt-get upgrade on one of the object/account/container servers Ubuntu decided to rename the devices.

I've been running with the following structure:

/srv/node/sda1
/srv/node/sdb1
/srv/node/sdc1
/srv/node/sdd1

sde and sdf are system disks in a software raid 1 array (md0). After rebooting the disks came up as sda and sdb.

I've remounted the now sde1 and sdf1 as /srv/node/sda1 and /srv/node/sdb1.

My question is, will this mess something up? I know the mount points are references directly in the ring (therefore mounting them at the previous mount points).

Mvh / Best regards
Morten Møller Riis
Gigahost ApS
mmr at gigahost.dk