[Openstack] nova-compute won't restart (on some nodes) after Grizzly upgrade

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Tue Aug 13 20:13:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:

> Jonathan, sorry for the slow reply. I had a baby on Friday last week
> instead of keeping up with email. I promise it wont happen again. ;)

Congrats, now what the hell are you doing reading this list?

> Did you manage these instances in virsh manually at all as part of the
> upgrade? If not, I'd love you to file a bug with a log to show the
> problem.

I did end up using "virsh undefine" on a number of nodes.  I don't know
that I can make a useful bug report out of it as I took some pretty coarse
sweeping actions in my rush to "make it go again" But I'll try and save
what logs I have and put together a bug after I get my networking tamed.

-Jon