[Openstack] Adding Ubuntu Images to Xenserver Powered Devstack

Qin Jia jiaqin1017 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 03:24:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

I installed devstack on top of xenserver. Now I want to add a ubuntu image
to it. I downloaded qcow2 image from here (
http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/precise/current/) and used the guideline
here (
http://blogs.citrix.com/2012/10/17/upload-custom-images-to-a-xenserver-powered-openstack-cloud/)
to convert the image to vhd format and add to openstack using glance.

But when I start the instance, it got shut-off automatically. When I try to
restart the instance in Xensenver, it got stuck at the messages:

[ 1.612617] EXT4-fs (xvda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
Opts: (null)

[ 2.245259] EXT4-fs (xvda1): re-mounted. Opts: (null)

One thing to mention is that I successfully added a cirros image to
xenserver using the steps above.

So what's the problem here? Could any one give any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards,
Qin Jia