[Openstack] Instance cannot access internet

Jake G. dj_dark_junglist at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 08:09:11 UTC 2013

Hi all! I have finally made some progress on networking, but now I have an issue with accessing the internet from an instance.

After creating an instance, it receives a private IP from DHCP services (including DNS servers) which I can see in the console. Trying to ping yahoo.com does not work but I can ping 10.0.0.1 which is the private network gateway.

I attached some helpful screenshots. I did notice that in the Network Topology view, there is no gateway IP address for the Public network showing,
But I did set the gateway to 192.168.100.98

Thank you in advance.
Jake