[Openstack] RPC timeout in nova-compute

Jiaan Zeng l.allen09 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 02:18:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been struggling on setting up quantum with grizzly for a long
time. From nova-compute.log, I can see there is a RPC timeout error
from get_instance_nw_info() function in file
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/network/api.py

quantum-server is listening on 0.0.0.0:9696

I already set network_api_class=nova.network.quantumv2.api.API. Isn't
the get_instance_nw_info() function supposed to be in
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/network/quantumv2/api.py?

It seems nova compute is not picking up the network_api_class setting
although I restarted nova service after the configuration file was
changed.

Any clues why this is happening? Thanks a lot.

--
Regards,
Jiaan