[Openstack] auto deploy openstack

Nirlay Kundu nirlay at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 3 20:58:47 UTC 2013

Does Cisco OSI support Rht chain of base OS ?Does it support Openstack on Xen ?
ThanksNirlay

From: dotalton at cisco.com
To: mcheung63 at hotmail.com; lorin at nimbisservices.com
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 20:06:16 +0000
CC: openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Openstack] auto deploy openstack

Cisco COI is a bottom-up OpenStack baremetal installer. Cobbler is uesd to build the nodes. We’ve an integrated preseed that you can alter as needed, and we
 also have a flag to enable expert disk configuration. As it stands though, the default config works well for unattended OS loads. We use puppet to deploy the necessary services. We use stackforge and some hand-rolled modules to do this. We’ve just finished
 adding an automatic ceph cluster installation option for use by glance and cinder. You can stand up a full cloud from baremetal to running in a few hours (most of that spent staring at the purple screen of wait).

We’re finishing off a fully automatic HA baremetal bottom-up installer. We’re shooting for the end of the month.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/OpenStack:Grizzly-Multinode

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/COE_Grizzly_Release:_High-Availability_Manual_Installation_Guide