[Openstack] openstack with quantum

Jiaan Zeng l.allen09 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 15:49:32 UTC 2013

I am trying to install Openstack Grizzy with Quantum (OpenvSwitch
plugin) networking in a single machine in the lab and encounter some
problems. Everything works fine if I use nova-network. Below are my questions.

1) Which documents should I follow to install Openstack Grizzy with Quantum?
I mainly refer to following links.
http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/basic-install/apt/content/basic-install_network.html
https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Grizzly-Install-Guide/blob/OVS_SingleNode/OpenStack_Grizzly_Install_Guide.rst

2) How do I verify Quantum is functioning correctly?
I basically check log files under /var/log/quantum to see if there are errors.

3) The instance gets terminated due to error "Instance failed network
setup". However there is no error in log files under /var/log/quantum.
What could be the possible causes for that?

Many thanks.