[Openstack] Ceilometer and notifications

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 02:24:53 UTC 2013

Yeah the thing is that ceilometer is getting all the notifications (well it's fulling up with meters and counters etc. so I think it is getting them)

Is there a specific counter that is only gotten via a notification so I can be sure?
We have the following counters when I query:

cpu
cpu_util
disk.ephemeral.size
disk.read.bytes
disk.read.requests
disk.root.size
disk.write.bytes
disk.write.requests
image
image.download
image.serve
image.size
instance
instance:m1.small
instance:m1.tiny
memory
network.incoming.bytes
network.incoming.packets
network.outgoing.bytes
network.outgoing.packets
storage.objects
storage.objects.containers
storage.objects.incoming.bytes
storage.objects.outgoing.bytes
storage.objects.size
vcpus

Have all those settings set. (should note that I'm using stable/grizzly)

Cheers,
Sam