[Openstack] Cinder restarting every second with cryptic error

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Mon Apr 29 23:24:15 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com> wrote:

> Child 4300 exited with status 2

Hi Drew,

I think I know what's going on here.  In the Folsom release we had to add
some conversion work to deal with migrating from iet to tgt.  One of the
things we did here was added a kwarg to create_iscsi_target (old_name),
this is handled by tgtadm just fine, however iet is not stripping this out
before trying to just pass it in directly to the iet command.  The iet
command sees this and  pukes.

I'm looking for a clean way to get around this, other than just say "use
tgtadm" for your iscsi helper.

John