[Openstack] Quantum CLI errors on Grizzly

Jay S Bryant jsbryant at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 29 15:08:23 UTC 2013

Ashutosh,

Have you verified that the necessary Quantum processes are running?  If
not, ensure that quantum-dhcp-agent, quantum-l3-agent,
quantum-openvswitch-agent and most importantly quantum are running.  If
those processes are running can you share the output from
/var/log/quantum/server.log .  It should contain a hint as to why the
server is not ready for connections.

Also, please be aware, the first time you start quantum it can take quite
some time to be ready for CLI connections depending on the speed of the
database you are using.

Jay S. Bryant
Linux Developer -
    OpenStack Enterprise Edition

Department 7YLA, Building 015-2, Office E125, Rochester, MN
Telephone: (507) 253-4270, FAX (507) 253-6410
TIE Line: 553-4270
E-Mail:  jsbryant at us.ibm.com
 All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.
                   -- Sean O'Casey