[Openstack] Swift container's rwx permissions

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 10:31:17 UTC 2013

Thanks David, Clay and Vaidy for your suggestions.

I'm curious about what version of that Hadoop-Swift-integration project
> you're trying to run.  You shouldn't have been able to create containers
> with it in any of the more recent versions.

Yes, my bad. Container creation isn't supported. As part of the the Swift's
implementation in Hadoop Filesystem class, we need to explicitly mention a
container which will be considered as DFS root.

>  You might want to try the "converged" branch of
> https://github.com/hortonworks/Hadoop-and-Swift-integration.  This is the
> branch that's getting submitted back to Apache for inclusion in Hadoop.

Yes, we have already tried it. Same result.

FYI we are using Hadoop 1.1.2

--
Shashank Sahni