[Openstack] Swift container's rwx permissions

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 08:11:34 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I've been experimenting with using Swift(1.8) as Hadoop's DFS backend.

https://github.com/DmitryMezhensky/Hadoop-and-Swift-integration

After a few glitches, I'm able to create/access/delete objects/containers
using hadoop's cli fs tool. But whenever I'm trying to run the job it fails
with the following error.

ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:dharmesh
cause:java.io.IOException: The ownership/permissions on the staging
directory
swift://hadooptest.rackspace/tmp/app/mapred/staging/dharmesh/.staging is
not as expected. It is owned by and permissions are rwxrwxrwx. The
directory must be owned by the submitter dharmesh or by dharmesh and
permissions must be rwx------

Note that, the local system username is "dharmesh" and the openstack
account and associated tenant is "dharmesh" too.

I tried setting the permissions by creating "tmp" container using "swift
post -r 'dharmesh:dharmesh'", but unfortunately ended up with the same
result. Is there an other way to set rwx ACLs in swift?

--
Shashank Sahni