[Openstack] KVM on Ubuntu server 13.04

skible.openstack at gmail.com skible.openstack at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 16:12:57 UTC 2013

On 04/25/2013 05:53 PM, Brian Cline wrote:
> apt-get install cpu-checker
Thanks all for the quick reply.
This is what i get when i do the kvm-ok command =>
kvm-ok
INFO: /dev/kvm exists
KVM acceleration can be used

Actually, i had Folsom on my compute nodes(ubuntu server 12.10) and i am
trying to upgrade to ubuntu 13.04 to update my openstack to grizzly.

I used to create VM normally in folsom since i am using the KVM package,
now with this qemu-kvm staff, i can't !

When i read about it in ubuntu 13.04 wiki, it seems that they are
ditching KVM package (dummy package) and replacing it with qemu-KVM.
Don't know why are they doing that or what's the effect !

Anyway, Qemu is generally for testing environment, i am in production
ones now and KVM is much more performer than QEMU.

Who got this to work fine on ubuntu 13.04 ? anyone ?