[Openstack] [OpenStack] What is the best place to run quantum-ovs-cleanup

Steve Heistand steve.heistand at nasa.gov
Wed Apr 24 15:42:37 UTC 2013

The network node probably wont be running quantum server just one
of the agents, so you put the command in one of those configs not
quantum-server.

That is what Im doing currently and it is working for me.
at some point if you have running VMs with active network
connections and need to restart quantum for some reason this
'may' interrupt their connections. something to keep in mind.

steve

On 04/24/2013 08:32 AM, Balamurugan V G wrote:
> Right now, I have a single node setup on which I am qualifying my use cases but
> eventually I will have a controller node, network node and several compute nodes. In
> that case, do you mean it should something like this?
>
> Controller : post-start of quantum-server.cong Network :   post-start of
> quantum-server.cong Compute:  pre-start of  quantum-plugin-openvswitch-agent.conf
>
> Thanks, Balu
>
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Steve Heistand <steve.heistand at nasa.gov> wrote: it
> was mentioned to me (by Mr Mihaiescu) that this only works if controller and network
> node are on the same machine. For the compute nodes I had forgotten its in a
> different place. On them I am doing it in a pre-start script in
> quantum-plugin-openvswitch-agent.conf. if the controller/network are on different
> machines certainly in the quantum-server.conf work on which ever one of them is
> actually using it, if it doesnt the command will have to be in a different startup
> script.
>
> It was also mentioned that putting things in /etc/rc.local and then restarting all
> the quantum related services might work too.
>
> steve

- --
 Steve Heistand                          NASA Ames Research Center
 email: steve.heistand at nasa.gov          Steve Heistand/Mail Stop 258-6
 ph: (650) 604-4369                      Bldg. 258, Rm. 232-5
 Scientific & HPC Application            P.O. Box 1
 Development/Optimization                Moffett Field, CA 94035-0001
 "Any opinions expressed are those of our alien overlords, not my own."

# For Remedy                        #
#Action: Resolve                    #
#Resolution: Resolved               #
#Reason: No Further Action Required #