[Openstack] Fwd: [Quantum] Query regarding floating IP configuration

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Wed Apr 24 13:30:56 UTC 2013

Hi Anil,

What you quoted is about L3 management and bridging and the need of
flexibility. It means that the physical NIC will have a whole bunch of
IP addresses, one per Quantum router you define.

Should you want to deploy a Controler on that node, you would need to
have a second NIC with external access (what is called "API Network" in
the docpage Simon quoted).

There is also need for "Data Network" with ideally a third NIC (if you
want to provide separate IP ranges for API and data network) but you can
bypass that in a lab environment by assumpting that your data network IP
range is externally reachable and consequently the management IP of the
controler/network node is the public IP (for the API purpose) (here,
NIC2 IP address)

Is it clearer ?

-Sylvain