[Openstack] Accessing object data and metadata in Swift middleware

Itamar O itamarost at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 15:11:38 UTC 2013

Hello list,
I am new to OpenStack development, and trying to implement a simple Swift
middleware.
I was able to successfully manipulate a PUT request for an object,
processing the data that was uploaded by the request and storing some
information in the object metadata.
But now I am struggling with handling GET requests for objects.
I would like to access the data and metadata of the requested object before
it is passed down the pipeline, but I have no clue how to achieve this.

In case this is not the appropriate mailing list for this question, I
apologize, and would appreciate if someone could refer me to the correct
list.
Otherwise, any advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
- Itamar.