[Openstack] Local storage and Xen with Libxl

Cristian Tomoiaga ctomoiaga at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 17:41:22 UTC 2013

Hi Jim,

Thank you! I'll check libvirt in more detail to make sure nothing I need is
missing.
With xend it should work. I'm planning ahead and want to deploy on Libxl
but for the sake of argument I will probably use both KVM (Daniel is to
blame here :) ) and Xen with libxl while I test out everything. It's a good
thing to see interest in libvirt. For some reason I though that libvirt
will move slower with new features (granted libxl has changed from 4.1 to
4.2). Also being bugged by this: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/LibvirtAPI
I also plan on local storage (will have to code that since I need
performance and stability) so migration will not be used much (offline
maybe and this should work I believe).
Other than that I wish for a cow, like ZFS's zvol, maybe in 10 years or so.

--
Regards,
Cristian Tomoiaga