[Openstack] Cloud Foundry experience, please

Ilkka Tengvall ilkka.tengvall at cybercom.com
Wed Apr 17 08:42:42 UTC 2013

Hi fellow stackers,

I would like to hear your opinion and experience of using Cloud Foundry
in front of OpenStack. I'm evaluating open source hybrid cloud
management options, an CF raises mixed feelings while I read about it.
Any opinion about the following subjects?

1. CF web page tells to use Essex. Is it Grizzly compatible, or is the
info accurate?

2. Does the open development model work in the project, is vmware open
enough to take in patches?

3. Is there active community of openstack developers/users taking part
to CF to keep up with OS development?

4. Any other opinions and experience you think I (anyone) should be
aware of it?

Thanks for any hands on experience,

Ilkka Tengvall // Cybercom