[Openstack] Injecting a specific MAC address

Burney, Jeffrey P (N-Engineering Service Professionals) jeffrey.p.burney at lmco.com
Wed Apr 10 19:19:05 UTC 2013

Hi Stackers,

We have a little test lab where we are working with puppet and OpenStack.  Here's what we are trying to do on Folsom (currently not using Quantum).

>From a puppet master (also running dhcp, dns, kickstart), issue a command to OpenStack controller to boot a small pxe boot image.  We would like to inject a MAC address into the newly instantiated VM so that when It goes to our dhcp server, it will get the correct IP and be built by our kickstart server.

We've looked at node_openstack but it does not have inject a MAC.

I'd imagine this has been done before I just can't find anything online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff