[Openstack] Error while creating more than 4 instances simultaneously.

Jorge Luiz Correa correajl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 17:29:20 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to launch a lot of instances simultaneously. I'm using Openstack
2012.2.3-0ubuntu1 installed on an ubuntu server, from

deb http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu precise-updates/folsom
main

repository, according to the official documentation. When I try that my
nova-compute node losts the network configurations. I'm using 1 nic with a
bridge and FlatDhcpManager.

I've been looking for the error but I don't get none. Just my nic losts the
IP and the instances stop to be created. A common behavior is that this
just occurs when I try to create more then 3 instances (I'm using the
Dashboard). If I choose to create 2 or 3, everything works fine!

I'm thinking this can be a problem with NBD module. A syslog entry I could
see is:

 kernel: [179319.523389] block nbd15: Unexpected reply (ffff88080397fc48)

Thanks!