[Openstack] Grizzly official packages

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Mon Apr 8 14:03:31 UTC 2013

On 04/05/2013 03:32 PM, skible.openstack at gmail.coma wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How can i add the official grizzly packages to ubuntu 12.10 ?
>
> This seems to work fine on ubuntu 12.04 but not sure it does on 12.10 !
> deb http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu
> precise-updates/grizzly main
>
> regards,
> Stacker

Hi,

I cannot talk for Ubuntu, but I've prepared some non-official packages
for Debian available here:

deb http://archive.gplhost.com/debian grizzly main
deb http://archive.gplhost.com/debian grizzly-backports main

These are to use with Debian wheezy. The grizzly-backports repository is
for dependencies, not core packages, though the grizzly repository also
contains some python modules. In fact, the split is more an internal
choice (eg: grizzly-backports are Debian packages which I don't maintain
directly, for example packages maintained in the Python module team).

As packages gets slowly approved by the FTP masters, I will soon be able
to upload all of these in Debian Experimental. I'm in fact waiting for
Wheezy to be released, so that I can upload Folsom in SID/testing, and
Grizzly in Experimental. At least that's the plan.

I have made a small page announcing this, available here:
http://www.gplhost.com/software-openstack.html

I believe that the Folsom howto is still valid for Grizzly. Here it is:
https://wiki.debian.org/OpenStackHowto/Folsom

At some point, we will fork this howto and add some Grizzly things in
it. I also intend to add more stuff in the meta-packages, for example to
provide heat setup as well.

I'd be happy to have any feedback on these packages, so please do write
to the PKG Openstack list if you have any issue (eg: PKG OpenStack
<openstack-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)