[Openstack] Non responding instance

Dave Pigott dave.pigott at linaro.org
Mon Apr 8 09:09:22 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've got an instance that's been running for several months now, and suddenly we can not ping or telnet to it. It shows up in the list as Active and Running, but just isn't responding. We earlier had a disk full problem on that node, but this happened before that occurred, so I don't think that's responsible (but I could be wrong). The instance is used extensively so I'd prefer to fix it rather than have to kill it and spin up another instance. FYI all other instances in the cloud are fine and we can ssh and ping them.

Any ideas what I can do to get this instance active again?

Thanks

Dave
Lava Lab Lead
Linaro Ltd