[Openstack] Gerrit Review + SSH

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Apr 4 18:23:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-04 10:51:20 -0700 (-0700), Ronak Shah wrote:
> As OS dev cycle involves Gerrit review tool which requires ssh
> into the gerrit server, I was wondering if any of you guys face
> problems where your company/org does not allow ssh to external
> hosts.
[...]

It usually involves the uphill battle of convincing whoever manages
network security/firewalls/proxies for your employer that the
Internet is more than just a bunch of Web pages. Companies which
exclusively limit their employees to only browsing the Web are
basically cutting themselves off from innovations which rely on a
myriad of other protocols. For non-technology companies that might
be fine, but for a technology company that's often a sign that it's
going out of business pretty soon.
--
Jeremy Stanley