[Openstack] openstack -- xcp - devstack

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Fri Sep 28 16:04:21 UTC 2012

If you run the scripts with a user that has an SSH key created, it will try and import that into the VM for you, then it outputs the logs until it noticed that things have finished:
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/tools/xen/install_os_domU.sh#L366

Can you describe how you have got the networks configured for that VM?
I should end up something like this:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/introduction-to-xen.html#xenapi-deployment-architecture
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/xenapi-flat-dhcp-networking.html

It looks like the network configuration for you VM is incorrect.
You can specify the configuration by modifying adding any of these params into the localrc file:
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/tools/xen/xenrc#L29
Where "dhcp" is a valid option for the IP address.

The next problem you are likely to have is ensuring the correct IP address for your XenServer:
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/stack.sh#L2098

I think you are best playing with the settings in your VM until you are happy, then transferring those into your localrc file settings.

If you can describe what networking you are planning to have, I will hopefully be able to help you more directly.

Thanks,
John