[Openstack] Regarding Tempest for Integration testing of Openstack Environment

David Kranz david.kranz at qrclab.com
Thu Sep 27 12:53:17 UTC 2012

On 9/26/2012 2:55 AM, Girija Sharan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am using Tempest *stable/essex* not master. And in stable/essex
> there are very less number of tests as compared to tests in master.
> Would you please suggest me which one should I use.
>
> One important thing is that in master version there are couple of
> tests in network directory but there are no such tests in
> stable/essex. Please explain little bit about purpose of these tests.
>
> Actually I want to test Quantum networks. Will these tests in Tempest
> master be sufficient for that ??
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Girija Sharan Singh

Tempest stable/essex is tracking the stable/essex releases of the
projects being tested. It is basically the state of tempest as of when
essex was released with a few updates after that. The main line of
tempest work since then has been on master which is why there are a lot
more tests. You should use master. A number of people are working on
tempest/quantum testing. There was a discussion a week or two ago based
on this http://etherpad.openstack.org/quantum-tempest. I suggest you
coordinate with those folks so as to not duplicate effort.

  -David