[Openstack] Glance API now needs a DB?

Brian Waldon bcwaldon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 05:14:24 UTC 2012

This is an important point to bring up. I wrote about this in my Essex -> Folsom migration writeup, but I failed to mention it in the actual Glance documentation. I'll fix that.

To give you the answer you're looking for - the v2 API is being implemented in such way that it doesn't depend on glance-registry. In Grizzly, you'll see this become more flexible, but for now you're stuck either configuring the sql params in glance-api or disabling the v2 API altogether (enable_v2_api=False).

Waldon