[Openstack] strange problem when reboot nova-compute node: domain not found: no domain with matching name

romi zhang romizhang1968 at 163.com
Sat Sep 15 17:16:30 UTC 2012

Ritesh,

I did a test:

I downloaded a qcow2 format ubuntu
12.04(http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/admin/content/starti
ng-images.html) and use it create a new instance.

Everything is fine,no any error information occurred.

But when I reboot compute node, the situation was same, and after run virsh
define again then to restart nova-compute, in the ubuntu12.04 instance
booting, it also gives out:

libvir: QEMU error : Domain not found: no domain with matching name
'instance-0000000c'

but finally, instance: 7f2050b7-b83b-4603-b7c2-3a6912188e9c] Instance
rebooted successfully, means this instance run normally and I also could ssh
it, same like others before.

So, it looks like no relation about images. I think perhaps something in
libvirt or qemu perhaps had potential problems.

The situation is:

If I only create one instance from ubuntu12.04 and run it in the first one,
anything run well, have no "libvirt:QEMU error,.." Information comes out;

If I continue to boot instance from the centos(image created by me) or
fedora(downloaded from
http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/admin/content/starting-ima
ges.html) or windows image,it show me:

"libvirt:QEMU error,domain not found...",but instance would finally spawn
successfully and run well.

It looks like "libvirt:QEMU error,domain not found,." does not stop instance
running and working.

But, I did not know why reboot nova-compute node, /etc/libvirt/qemu would
delete the one of instances XML file and nova-compute would stop to
continue.

Romi