[Openstack] Future of Launchpad OpenStack mailing list (this list)

Brian Schott brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
Fri Sep 14 19:50:21 UTC 2012

Looks like there is general agreement.  For those who are concerned about confusion of too many lists, there are already 11 public lists at http://lists.openstack.org.  What really is missing of course, is a general list called openstack when new people show up at lists.openstack.org.  What is also missing in some cases is a good description of what they are or were (such as Fits).  Maybe operators dies a quiet death with zero traffic, but the archives should remain in place and searchable.  Just put a DEPRECATED or DELETED label in the description or something.  You can even delete the mail aliases for it if you want to disable the list, but don't edit history by artificially merging openstack at lp and openstack-operators at os  archives.  That just sounds like a lot of work likely to go wrong.

List	Description
Community	The OpenStack Community team is the main contact point for anybody running a local OpenStack User Group.
Fits	[no description available]
Foundation	Foundation set up discussion list
Foundation-board	OpenStack Foundation Board of Directors
Grizzly-Summit-Planning	Grizzly summit planning
OpenStack-announce	Announces about OpenStack new releases, stable releases and security advisories
OpenStack-dev	OpenStack Development Mailing List
Openstack-docs	OpenStack Documentation Mailing List
OpenStack-HPC	High-Performance Computing OpenStack List
OpenStack-operators	Discussion list for operators of OpenStack
OpenStack-partner	[no description available]

Brian Schott, CTO
Nimbis Services, Inc.
brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
ph: 443-274-6064  fx: 443-274-6060