[Openstack] Cells Status

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 14 15:48:19 UTC 2012

Joe Topjian wrote:
> This is very disappointing. I was looking forward to cells as well.
>
> When was this decided and was the decision announced somewhere else? I'd
> like to know so I can monitor for other announcements like this.

Actually, Cells was never proposed as a Folsom blueprint, so it never
was in the Folsom plan (which you can access at
http://wiki.openstack.org/releasestatus/ ).

ISTR there was some discussion about sneaking it late in Folsom or land
it early in Grizzly, and with the PTL's advice the authors decided the
latter.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack