[Openstack] [Docs] review request: new landing pages

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Sep 14 14:51:31 UTC 2012

Hi all -
I've completed all the re-writes for new landing pages for
docs.openstack.org. I'd like more reviewers at
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/11232/ to make sure I didn't miss
anything and that the links all work. I'm purposely leaving the
/essex/index.html untouched in order to make this new design for
Folsom and current.

The idea is to provide a simpler top page and have the drill-downs
specific to audiences, with URLs that should indicate the category of
information.

I want to do more work to integrate api.openstack.org to eliminate
confusion about "what's more current, api.openstack.org or
docs.openstack.org?" But that can be in another patch or set of
patches. One thing we really, really need, is better navigation on
api.openstack.org through a drop-down menu for nav such as the "Jump
to" drop down on https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api. If anyone would
like to mock it up (probably css and javascript) I'd gladly integrate
it.

Thanks, all.
Anne