[Openstack] 回复: Can openstack guarantee each VM network bandwidth

Vinay Bannai vbannai at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 17:32:10 UTC 2012

Hello Willfu,

We are working on a feature to add to flavor types that allows the
administrator to specify the disk i/o operations. You get to specify the
weight for the blkiotune parameter (from 100 to 1000) for the flavor that
you created. This information would get stored as part of the instance type
extra specs table. In the first step of our feature development, you get to
create a instance type with this parameter. In the second part of our
developoment we will allow VM creation based on the flavor type and take
into consideration the blkiotune weight that is associated with the flavor
type.

We have not created a blueprint at this stage. Maybe we should. This is a
group effort as part of the openstack hackathon that meets regularly at
Yahoo in SF south bay.

Vinay

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM, 延生 付 <willfly0620 at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> This one seems to be a monitor component(correct me if wrong).
> My point is controller, which can guarantee resources,
> and make each vm issolation and fairness to use low level resources.
>
> Regards,
> willfu
>   *发件人:* Ray Sun <qsun01185 at cienet.com.cn>
> *收件人:* 延生 付 <willfly0620 at yahoo.com.cn>
> *抄送:* "openstack at lists.launchpad.net" <openstack at lists.launchpad.net>
> *发送日期:* 2012年9月11日, 星期二, 下午 4:17
> *主题:* Re: [Openstack] Can openstack guarantee each VM network bandwidth
>
> I don't think so. Sina has an open source project about this:
> https://github.com/zyluo/kanyun
>
> - Ray
> Yours faithfully, Kind regards.
>
> CIeNET Technologies (Beijing) Co., Ltd
> Email: qsun01185 at cienet.com.cn
> Mobile Phone: 86-18901118291
>

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:22 PM, 延生 付 <willfly0620 at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
>

> Hi stacker,
>
> I tried openstack several times, and there is a question always in there.
> Can openstack issolate the low level resource usages for each VM instance?
> such as network bandwith, diskio, cpu frequency etc.
> Is there any api?
>
> Regards,
>
> willfu

Vinay Bannai