[Openstack] Quantum -. Multi-Plugin and support for provisioning of other devices.

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Mon Sep 10 16:58:40 UTC 2012

Yes, Tim is correct that we expect to discuss load-balancing
capabilities at the Grizzly summit.  This is a topic for discussion at
the summit, but I expect that it will be possible to run many
different types of load balancers independent of your choice of the
core L2/L3 plugin you're using to run Quantum (perhaps this is what
you're getting at with mentioning 'multi-plugins').

As far as storage devices that require network access, I suspect that
would more be under the purview of something like Cinder, which may
need to integrate with Quantum (similar to Nova's integration with
Quantum) if the goal is to "plug" storage devices into networks
directly.

Dan

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch> wrote:

> There has been some load balancing discussion and more is due at the summit.
> The various current activities are summarised in
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Quantum/LBaaS
>

> Can you explain what you mean by storage devices with respect to Quantum ?
> The storage activities are underway as part of Cinder.
>

> Tim

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt